May 26, 2014
5 Simple All Natural Skincare Tips
The world we live in today would have us believing that we need a bunch of makeup, fake eyelashes, body shimmer and clip on hair to get out of the house. As a makeup artist for high definition TV, I would make it all look so effortless and flawless. What you don’t know is how well the people on TV took care of their skin and bodies on a daily basis. The idea of beauty is unveiling the real person, not covering it up. Makeup is an instant solution to look attractive, but remember that it negatively affects your skin with continuous use. Makeup can suffocate your skin, clog pores, and deliver harmful chemicals into your bloodstream (depending on the makeup). I’ve always said to take care of your skin FIRST! Without good skin, it doesn’t matter how much makeup you put on. Here are 5 simple tips. The best beauty secrets are not quick fixes. They require-
- We all know the importance of sufficient sleep; however, do you know that your sleeping pattern shows up on your skin? Poor sleep quality can accelerate signs of aging and weaken the skins ability to repair itself at night. Poor sleepers also have a worse opinion of their skin and facial appearance. Develop a regular bedtime and stick to it. Get 6-8 hours of sleep a night to keep your skin looking fresh and flawless.
GET REGULAR EXERCISE
- Great for the skin. Getting the body moving increases circulation and delivers much needed nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Get a minimum of 30 minutes a day and your skin will glow!
HYDRATE YOUR SKIN
- From the inside out. Our skin is the largest organ in our bodies and it’s also the last place to receive nutrients. Drink plenty of water to flush away the toxins. To get even more hydration, add some cucumbers. Cucumbers contain silica, an ingredient that boosts moisture and elasticity. It’s important to have a big drink of water first thing in the morning to compensate for the overnight drought.
MOISTURIZE YOUR SKIN
- One way to have great looking skin is to keep it moisturized. The idea behind moisturizing is getting your skin to retain water to prevent dryness. It’s the reason I created The Beauty Ointment by Glycelene. A natural, organic and vegan humectant, which pulls water from the air and helps the skin retain it. It’s also an emollient, which smoothes the skin by filling in around the skin cells. Using this product along with other Glycelene products will give you the results you’ve always wanted.
USE NATURAL PRODUCTS
- The pollution we expose our skin to on a daily basis has an intense effect on the skin’s health and glow. Smog, dust, dirt and other particles in the air pose risk to the skin. This has been a huge issue for me and it’s the reason behind Glycelene’s upcoming product, SEATOX™. A revolutionary detoxifying, anti-inflammatory skin protectant that repels pollution, while leaving your skin refreshed, revitalized and protected. A must-have for anyone who doesn’t live high in the Himalayan Mountains. This product is truly amazing and will change your life. I can’t go a day without it. Natural beauty is real beauty. Unmask the real you and pamper your skin with a healthy diet, some positive reinforcement in lifestyle, and my pure Glycelene Skincare products to give you the skin of your dreams.